cpu upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps3147

Baseband Member
Im planning on upgrading my amd athlon 64x2 3800+ to the athlon 64x2 6000+ and just wanted to know would would i have to install my OS or anything else again if i install a new cpu.

ive got socket AM2 mobo another thing is will i need a bios update becuase a friend of mine told me that the 6000+ is not compatible with some motherboards without a bios update.

ive got socket AM2 mobo another thing is will i need a bios update becuase a friend of mine told me that the 6000+ is not compatible with some motherboards without a bios update.
it shouldn't need an update. It's a Windsor core, same as the 3800+
It might need one for a Brisbane core CPU, but there are no Brisbane 6000+'s.

i´m planning to upgrade my system to work with video editing and rendering. Today my system is a Athlon 64 X2 4600 2 GB, but i think too slow for rendering video. My question is, wich is better: Intel quad core E6600 4 GB RAM DDR2 800 MB Intel D975XBX2 or 2 Intel Xeon 5050 (dual core) 4 GB RAM Intel Motherboard S5000VSA? Wich one is more fast for rendering video? I will appreciate any answer.

i´m planning to upgrade my system to work with video editing and rendering. Today my system is a Athlon 64 X2 4600 2 GB, but i think too slow for rendering video. My question is, wich is better: Intel quad core E6600 4 GB RAM DDR2 800 MB Intel D975XBX2 or 2 Intel Xeon 5050 (dual core) 4 GB RAM Intel Motherboard S5000VSA? Wich one is more fast for rendering video? I will appreciate any answer.

Well, this is why you start a thread for your own answer.

Xeon is not for any general purposes. It's leans more onto the servers CPU. E6600 or Q6600 with only 2GB of RAM. Unless you're planning to do some video editing then 4GB of RAM isn't needed. Wait, "video rendering" means you're going to edit videos or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom