Budget Comp Gift

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZorrosRage

In Runtime
My Gf's b-day is next month and i have been trying todo reseach and build her a small computer for it. We have been dating for about 3 years and she needs a computer for school.

I can problaby spend about $400-$500 Would prefer 400. I have been having trouble getting a computer together within the budget. This is what she uses it for.

1. Playing games example WOW, CS, Fear
2. Watching anime
3. Recording videos with her little webcam
4. Making Photoshop Photos
5. Surfing the internet
6. Studying/homework ( Its last because shes lazy and always does her homework late haha)

On such a small budge do you think i could get a decent computer together for her?

400 is going to be very hard with that activity, splurge on her man. build a nice one and name it "the ring" get hitched!

If you don't mind, you can build a slightly older machine using the 939 socket(AMD). I've built one on Newegg and the total came just under $450(w/o shipping) I think it was around $450 with shipping. It could hold up for a long time. Basically, It looked something like this:

COOLER MASTER CENTURION 5 CASE: $49.99

BIOSTAR GEFORCE 6100-M9 MOTHERBOARD: $59.99

SAPPHIRE RADEON 1650 256MB GDDR2 PCI-E X16 CROSSFIRE: $59.99

ROSEWILL RP500-2 500W PSU: $44.99

AMD ATHLON 64 3500+ MANCHESTER 2.2GHZ: $69.00

CORSAIR VALUESELECT 1GB DDR-400 DUAL CHANNEL: $54.99

WD CAVAIR 200GB 7200RPM SATA 3.0GB/S HD: $54.99

SAMSUNG DRIVE: $34.99

I will probably end up spending a little more, but trying to not spend to much because this will be coming out of my student loan money.

And I don't really want to get married yet. Can't afford my own place yet. I only make $10 an hour and work 30 hours a week really tough since im helping my mom giving her like $150 a week to help with bills and my cell phone and credit card( use for school books). Rough times :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom