Please review my system

Status
Not open for further replies.
i cant find the SpeedStep in my bios!! where are they?. Is anyone here familiar with Gigabyte BIOS layout?

OK i find the speedstep. ok i have other question when i disable speedstep, my core speed run up and down from 2mhz to 3 mhz and my multiplier change to. is that normal?

TIA

You should disable both the EIST (SpeedStep), and C1E, to prevent the speed and multiplier from changing. It's in the advanced section of the BIOS menu.

^^Yes what b1gapl said, disable both of those things, speedstep was lowering your multiplier to 6 when your rig was idle. The stock multi for the e6850 is x10, you should be fine now. The reason you think you comp is running slow is because of vista, it eats your rig.:freak:

what is so slow about it? You really shouldn't overclock unless you know what you are doing, because it voids the warranties and you can really screw your system up.

Have you made sure all of the right drivers are installed? If you use generic windows drivers for hardware they will run in compatibility mode and run really slow.

also everyone is right when they say Vista is slow as mud. So dont be suprised if it crawls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom