Socket 939

Status
Not open for further replies.
i had a socket A until 2 weeks ago. it was teh leet sauce.
The only thing that differs between a 939 and a AM2 build is compatability. If you wanna be able to upgrade to something kick *** in the future for what ever reason, with a 939 that won't be possible. And also with the prices of the AM2 x2's dropping so fast, it might behoove you to pick one of them up for next to nothing.

Just go lga775 or am2, there really is no major cost difference these days. You can build a lga 775 with a core 2 duo dual core and 2 gigs of ram for $650....

Can I ask what games you play?

i play call of duty 2 which is one of the best games out and requires gd computer specs, medal of honor, command and conquer,civilaztion borin thou, football manager, i have had the new sims on but more into action games as you can tell of my choices lol

it dpends on how much you wanna spend, 939 sockets will be cheaper than AM2, im thinking of building an AM2 but i just brought a sony vaio so i only use my socket 939 for gaming

if you do get a skt 939 get an opteron 165 or higher, they'ere ,uch better than the skt 939 athlon X2s

they never had that in stock and its was called san diego 3800 when i was lookin to buy itso i never knew what tht ment lol i think i got that in my dads system cnt remember

the 939 build i made on newegg was just under $400(excluding speakers,os,keyboard/mouse which I already have) while the am2 build was a tad bit over $500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom