Freebies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I got the stuff today and thank you so much! Yea I was like is that what he sent me? Then I read the letter and I was like doh! It's awesome even if it isn't dvd r/rw. I didn't know those fans would be led fans either. That was a great surprise. Thank you so so much. Now I just have to keep saving for this case.

P.S. Where can I get the software for the dvd rom?

Lazerman I live in Kansas. If u can tell me the exact ram that u need then I can get you some. I need to know if it is pc2100 DDR or what. Thanks

Lazerman- Glad to see the package made it. I was in a hurry when i packed up the goodies and forgot to include the DVD software that came with the ROM. I'll mail you the software but you're gonna have to e-mail me you address again. (i deleted it already:( )

Anyway, hope you can make good use of the parts, i don't think i would have.

Hope you can post a picture of your rig when you get it built. :)

Hi again everyone, sorry for popping in and out like I am but, my hotmail keeps deleting the emails thinking it's junkmail. I'm going to have it send them to my main account. Anyways, I just purchased a raidmax cobra case and crucial 256mb of ram from new egg last sunday for under $115! That is probably the most money I have ever had at one time lol.

I hooked both of those led fans, only one of them lights up so far. I think it's burnt out or something to that equivalent. I should have everything I need now. My dad is giving me two 3gb hdd's, so I'm going to install windows 98 on one and save all my files on the other until I can get something better.

I have been away from the whole computer scene for a while now, so I forget what the fast hdd's are. Either sata or scsi I never can remember. I will probably end up with a nice maxtor hd or something.

Maybe my parents will see that I am actually pursuing my dream computer and help me out a little. Also jayhawker01, it's pc2100, I could use 256mb.... only if it's free if that's what you were saying. I can't express how helpful the stuff hercules sent will help me.

Thanks everyone, I am out for now but hope to be on here alot more as soon as I finish my comp.

-Mitchell

I just got my order in from newegg and they are fast, mbut at what price? I start examining the case inside and out and find places where it is dented (not any cosmetic damage) like on the bottom left panel like it was dropped or something. I'm taking a trip to autozone to get some paint for the dvd faceplate. I have yet to open the memory box yet but the box is really big for one stick of memory. Maybe this should be moved to Overclocking, building.... forum. This thing has seven spaces for fans and it comes with one blue led fan and two regular fans plus the two I got from hercules. I will start building it all soon and will try to get some pics of the case, mobo, and other stuff I have. I'll also gets some pics of the damage as well.

Well I'm sending the case back. I made a claim with Fedex and they're going to pay for a new one. My father is also into computer's and he said he might just buy me a hdd. I'm emailing him this link- http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=22-144-200&depa=1 I hope that will work with my mobo. It is supposed to be really fast with 5.2ms seek time and 10,000 rpm. I don't really care that its only 36 gig because I'll never use more then 15-20gb's. My mobo is a Shuttle AK31 v1.
Please let me know...

Thats a hell of a drive, I've got to admit, but...

It is SATA... not only does your MB have to support it, its tricky to set up if you don't know what youre doing.

You can get a 120GB 7200 8mb-cache drive from any of the major manufacturers for less than or at $100. I would greatly reccamend one of them. You may even be able to get bigger than that for that price. Usually the local electronics stores sell high-capacity drives, in retail box, for 60 dollars or less, after mail-in-rebate. If you dont mind waiting for your rebate to arrive in the mail, you can actually save a lot of money in the long run buying locally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom