new instant messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmass

Baseband Member
I'm looking for a new instant messanger that support multiple instant messengers (like YIM, AIM and MSN). I am currently using trillian pro but really dislike it's like of features. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks

pidgin (formerly known as GAIM, changed because of copyright issues with AIM)

Theres another one called "miranda IM". it doesn't have many features but it can connect to many services like yahoo,msn etc... Its meant to be light weight.

Its good for someone like me who secretly chats at school using miranda installed on my USB

is there anything that supports aim, msn and xfire? and can be loaded off a flash drive?

read the above post, but the thing is it doesnt connect to xfire.
Xfire is gaming specific so i doubt it will be included in an IM. Plus it shows information of what users are playing, which server they are on etc and usually stuff like that isn't shown on an IM

But other than that it connects to
-MSN
-Yahoo
-AIM

etc...
(i have never used xfire so i cant give you exact details, but anyway)
check it out

Miranda IM - Home of the Miranda IM client. Smaller, Faster, Easier
-hope that helps

pidgin, Trillain, and Miranda all connect to the same clients. Trillian i know also connects to GTalk and Jabber clients. I dont think Pidgin or Miranda does that.

There is nothing that includes XFire. That is written specifically to be used for gaming. It was written to allow for messages and server stats. Which no other IM client does. So you will never find a IM client that incorporates XFire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom