My Computer is messed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike9182

In Runtime
My computer is messed up. When I lowered the multiplier to 9 from 10 and adjusted the fsb to run it at stock speed, it saved it to CMOS and booted into windows fine, but then when I tried to restart the computer I got the black screen of death, and I had to reset the BIOS. When I was booted into Windows CPU-z showed that my cpu was running at between 2.5 and 2.6Ghz. 2.6 is the stock speed.

No, I mean when I change the multiplier in the BIOS from 10 to 9 and adjust the fsb to keep the speed within 1Ghz lower than the original, the comp will boot into windows ONCE. Then when windows is restarted the computer will not start until the BIOS is reset.

It saves the settings to the CMOS and boots into windows. Then, when windows is restarted it does not post, and I have to reset the BIOS.

EDIT: The fans do run though

It starts fine, its just that when I change the multiplier or fsb to any speed it almost always won't start. Although I did get it to work at 2.7 once. I thought it wasn't worth it so I went back to stock.

The Vcore in CPU-Z is the same as what I set it to when I was in the BIOS before I reset. I just changed the vcore from auto to the default voltage. Could the problem be that the mobo raises the voltage when the computer starts but doesn't raise it when I set the voltage to stock?

Reset your CMOS one more time. That last time you reset the CMOS, it came out to be 2.5GHz or 2.6GHz? Check your BIOS to see because your BIOS is what gives the most accurate information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom