MoBo Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmiller01

Solid State Member
I'mu currently working on building a computer for everyday use. I next to never play games that require a high performance graphics card. So what I'm asking is I need a MoBo that comes with integrated graphics / audio that will support this CPU . Thanks in advance :happy:

The only motherboard I could find with onboard graphics is this.
Any comments? suggestions?

I don't want to spend any more than $150.

The only motherboard I could find with onboard graphics is this.
Any comments? suggestions?

I don't want to spend any more than $150.

See how i said, nvm, hold on? That was because it's was confusing.

The problem I had was to find a motherboard that could have: CPU support, DDR2-800, and onboard graphics.

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-G33M-DS2R LGA 775 Intel G33 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
After a lot of research, I'd buy this one.

Here is the selection: Newegg.com - Buy Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
The G965 chipset is very peculiar: it only accepts certain types of ram.
Newegg said:
Notice: Only DDR2-800 memory supporting JEDEC approved 1.8V operation with timings of 5-5-5 or 6-6-6 is supported on Intel Desktop Boards based on Intel 965 Express Chipsets.

Thanks alot Peter for your help and sorry for not being clear =\. This project will be my first build. Here's a list of my components:
RAIDMAX Smilodon Extreme Black ATX-612WEB - Case
Barracuda 250GB 7200 RPM - Hard Drive
Sony NEC Optiarc 18X DVD±R DVD Burner - DVDROM
Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 Allendale 1.8GHz LGA 775 Processor - CPU (I changed my mind from my previous post)
OCZ Gold 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) - RAM

And for the motherboard I'll go with your suggestion , or this one:

GIGABYTE GA-965G-DS3 LGA 775 Intel G965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard

The reason for my choice is that I don't know what type of problems i'll run into trying to install that micro atx into my full size case.

So what do you think?

What are the key specifications I should be looking for in memory to fit the mobo I picked out? DDR2-800 , 240 Pin, 5-5-5 timing, JDEC approved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom