Is PCI Express worth waiting for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt wait for pci-express..

1. It will take applications a while to be completely compatable with pci-x even after it comes out, which will be a long time all in all.

2.even when pci-x does come out, 16x will be a HUGE overkill to ANY game, you will not even feel the full power of 16x..

3. I garauntee the first pci-x cards to come out will NOT be under 500-600 dollars even at newegg prices because it will be new techonology and the prices will stay high for a while.

Its not really worth it, most games cant even fully use AGP 8x to the may so 16x would be useless. would needs DDR2 when there is GDDR3???

xxdryicexx said:
I wouldnt wait for pci-express..

1. It will take applications a while to be completely compatable with pci-x even after it comes out, which will be a long time all in all.

2.even when pci-x does come out, 16x will be a HUGE overkill to ANY game, you will not even feel the full power of 16x..

3. I garauntee the first pci-x cards to come out will NOT be under 500-600 dollars even at newegg prices because it will be new techonology and the prices will stay high for a while.

AGREED

:D

todays cards are on par with PCI express.But another year will definately be the prime time for PCI express .

if AGP 8x isnt even used to its full potential, i dont see the reason to upgrade to PCI X until AGP 8x is used to it full potential and doesnt run games at 100fps. but when PCI X goes mainstream... imagine the graphics power.... it will be insane!

What is PCI express? Is it solely used for graphics cards or can other trypes of card use it?
If so will it improve soundcard performance at all, with or without specific drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom