Window Lag and scroll lag?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajay!

Solid State Member
I had to re-install windows today due to continous crashes etc. I now have this window lag problem, whenever I drag a window accross the screen it's moves slowy and juttery. It's the same for scrolling up and down in IE.

I thought this problem would be resolved after installing SP2, any help?

The first thing to do upon reinstalling Windows is to make sure the drivers/software for whatever is needed for the board are installed. That will effect memory controllers as well as any use of onboard sound since you are most likely running a separate video card.

If you are running an older ATI model card from the 9xxxx series the newer then 6.5 Catalysts won't work. This would on models like the 9250, 9500, 9550, 9600, 9800 all-in-wonder models. Drivers for those older cards are found at places like guru3d.com or omega at this late data. The latest 7.x catalysts are geared for Vista not XP.

Sometimes on a fresh install you have to reboot a few times more to see stubborn drivers decide to load finally or you simply have to reinstall something to see Windows finally load it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom