Is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i set the fsb to 300Mhz with 9 multiplier so it was running at 2.7Ghz. Ye my PSU should be enough to start the system with no problem and not have to charge the thing or what not.

Though, I had the CPU Voltage set to automatic. Should i try setting it to manual at 1.35 Volts? Maybe the Automatic settings was requiring it too much power that my PSU cant handle.

Edit: No, I have not run Orthos on it overnight cuz i dont know where to download it from. I looked online and it gave me like....... Stress Prime 2004 and i wasnt sure if that was compatible with windows vista 64 bit.

But is this what Orthos is?
Download Stress Prime 2004

Edit 2: Okay i just ran that thing above ^^^^^ and its working on vista hehe. and my CPU is running at 100% at times then goes back down to 50% but i think its running.

How long do I run this and how will I know if its stable or not? Lolz, im running it and my FSB is stock 266 grrr cuz I put it back down to automatic settings.

Ill try going to 300 FSB again and then set voltage rating to 1.35 and see if it boots okay or not.

My enermax liberty does something similar - starts up, kind of pauses/turns off, then fires up to turn everything on.

I think it could be the effect of charging the internal capacitors to provide smooth low voltage DC power.

My enermax liberty does something similar - starts up, kind of pauses/turns off, then fires up to turn everything on.

I think it could be the effect of charging the internal capacitors to provide smooth low voltage DC power.

So its normal? :D That makes me feel happy that this happened to urs hehe :D

Anyway, I just set the FSB to 333Mhz and CPU Voltage to 1.37 or something like that. I was gonna set it to 1.35 Volts. I havent touched the memory yet. It seems to me that the Latency on the RAM changes too from the CPU-Z reading it changes automatically. Just like on the CPU Speed and voltage.

And I just did the Windows Vista Test and my CPU jumped from 5.5 to 5.6 from 2.7Ghz to 3GHz. But my RAM was the one that it affected the most from 5.7 to 5.9 Hm... and I didnt even touch the RAM settings on the BIOS too.

So now everything is 5.9 except for the CPU at 5.6.

Stock it was 5.9 for all graphics and hard drive and cpu was 5.3 and 5.5~5.6 for RAM.

Edit: Wait when you guys say FSB you mean my Frequency or Front Side Bus? Cuz on CPU-Z it says 1333Mhz for FSB. Frequency right now is 333Mhz.

Orthos is definitely running. You should leave it on for at least 8 hours + for the best results. The more time you leave Orthos running, the better the results will be. Well, you didn't UP your FSB to 277? 266 is stock speed isn't it? Cause mines is .266x9=~2.394 so if you round it, it'll be at 2.4GHz. UP your FSB to 277 and run Orthos for 8 hours or more.

And yeah, your RAM's memory does go up but later on, you'll have to downclock it.

So its normal? :D That makes me feel happy that this happened to urs hehe :D

Anyway, I just set the FSB to 333Mhz and CPU Voltage to 1.37 or something like that. I was gonna set it to 1.35 Volts. I havent touched the memory yet. It seems to me that the Latency on the RAM changes too from the CPU-Z reading it changes automatically. Just like on the CPU Speed and voltage.

And I just did the Windows Vista Test and my CPU jumped from 5.5 to 5.6 from 2.7Ghz to 3GHz. But my RAM was the one that it affected the most from 5.7 to 5.9 Hm... and I didnt even touch the RAM settings on the BIOS too.

So now everything is 5.9 except for the CPU at 5.6.

Stock it was 5.9 for all graphics and hard drive and cpu was 5.3 and 5.5~5.6 for RAM.

Edit: Wait when you guys say FSB you mean my Frequency or Front Side Bus? Cuz on CPU-Z it says 1333Mhz for FSB. Frequency right now is 333Mhz.

I have the same mobo as you, 4 case fans, 3 harddrives, 2 DVDr drives, E6400 overclocked to 3.2ghz, 4 gigs of ram and a 7900 GTO - all off a 500W power supply.

I am sure you're fine.

Orthos is definitely running. You should leave it on for at least 8 hours + for the best results. The more time you leave Orthos running, the better the results will be. Well, you didn't UP your FSB to 277? 266 is stock speed isn't it? Cause mines is .266x9=~2.394 so if you round it, it'll be at 2.4GHz. UP your FSB to 277 and run Orthos for 8 hours or more.

Right now mine is at 333Mhz @ 3.3 Volts but im not so sure if I should continue this. My Tuniq fan is only half way speed at 2500 RPM and when I was in the BIOS, the Temperature was 38 Celcius and Im assuming that thats the IDLE Temp.

I dont know any software to use to see the temperature and stuff. I tried the CoreTemp and it just doesnt work, something about drivers failing to load. Hopefully I wont fry my CPU. Right now its running at 3.0Ghz.

I have the same mobo as you, 4 case fans, 3 harddrives, 2 DVDr drives, E6400 overclocked to 3.2ghz, 4 gigs of ram and a 7900 GTO - all off a 500W power supply.

I am sure you're fine.

So does your computer pauses too when u push the on button it pauses before it actually turns on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom