Quiet Microphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

murdocsvan

Web Programmer
i have 2 microphones (a headset and a self-standing microphone), a Soundblaster Audigy sound card, and an integrated sound card from nvidia. every combination ive tried leaves me with barely audible microphone, both in windows, in steam, in ventrillo and on teamspeak. what the **** could this possibly be?

Check the MIC setting for Dolby or digital setting in sound card properties. May be a jumper on the SBlaster card as well . Some connection ports are labled digital . Try a condesent mic , the kind that often come with a computer , some things to look at anyway .

is there a volume controller on the mic itself? It's usually on the cord going to the pc.

seriously, what the ****? do you think i wouldn't have thought of that? give me some credit, i didn't come on these forums to learn how to use a computer, only to learn about them.

anyway ive just gone on teamspeak and ive found its EVEN QUIETER than anywhere else! all i can hear is a distorted little noise when i record myself.

hey, sometimes even the experts miss little things. Just like in office space, Micheal got a decimal point wrong and ****ed them over. So I'm just suggesting things. Make sure it's plugged in all the way, if there are drivers update them if updates are available. And in ts/vent go to the options/setup respectively and up the volume for the outbound connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom