Why I Overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuaziBee

Daemon Poster
It has been a trend in in the world of computer technology that as hardware capability increases the computational demand of the programs we run scales. Ever notice it takes the same amount of time to start a Windows Vista Ult machine running an e6600 as it does for a Windows 95 machine sporting an Athlon 450mhz processor? The simple fact is that as the hardware can handle more, the software has more to handle, in essence thing never become faster. When the worlds first CentiCore processor is released Windows Galactica will come out and I will still be waiting 5 minutes for my machine to start. Sure, by the year 2015 my FPS in CSS will be in the millions but I bet I will only get 45-50 fps in the latest first person shooter. It all comes down to relativity, relative to an older machine it new computers are much faster, but when compared to the scaling computational demand they are just as slow as ever. Which leads me to why I overclock. I overclock because it gets me above that proverbial rut in technology progression. When I overclock I accelerate myself into a echelon of performance that, in theory, doesn't even exist yet. Is there any greater feeling than knowing you have surpassed the bell curve, than knowing for a fact that in one way you are better than the majority? I feel that by pushing the limit I help accelerate the human race into an amazingly untold future of advancement.

/salute to all my comrades who join me in this noble crusade to excel.

i overclock to give out more juice than the systems is already giving me , i dont know what kind of wild imagination you have but sure i agree

I've OCed because it's always fun to see what your system can handle. And get the bang for your bucks you just put out

i do it because i like to squeeze performance out of everything...wether it be cpus, ram, cars, tools, girls...lol.
plus its nice to have a rig, as quazibee says, that puts you above the basic curve of computer users. i dont want to say that we are better, or smarter...but well, we are!
p.s. quazibee thanks for that quick books advice as far as the hdd transfer that you gave me last week. went off without a hitch and the moms smokin new office rig is on the prowl...lol check out these specs:

abit kn9 nf4 ultra am2 mobo
x2 4200 windsor
2gb gskill hz
fortron 400w psu
evga 7300gs
lg super-multi dvd burner
wd 160gb hdd
70gb dell POS hdd that will be wiped for backup storage soon
centurion 5 case (no window).

suh-weet. my moms office computer, lol.

Why not just run Windows 95 over Vista and save yourself some $$$? ;)

Or, move to linux. :D

i know how you feel! it sure makes me think "IM THE GOD!" when everyone else is meandering along on a single core and im on a dual core over clocked. even though my mates dont play games, it gives my ego a boost to know my rigs streets ahead of theirs lol.

i do it because i like to squeeze performance out of everything...wether it be cpus, ram, cars, tools, girls...lol.
plus its nice to have a rig, as quazibee says, that puts you above the basic curve of computer users. i dont want to say that we are better, or smarter...but well, we are!
p.s. quazibee thanks for that quick books advice as far as the hdd transfer that you gave me last week. went off without a hitch and the moms smokin new office rig is on the prowl...lol check out these specs:

abit kn9 nf4 ultra am2 mobo
x2 4200 windsor
2gb gskill hz
fortron 400w psu
evga 7300gs
lg super-multi dvd burner
wd 160gb hdd
70gb dell POS hdd that will be wiped for backup storage soon
centurion 5 case (no window).

suh-weet. my moms office computer, lol.

You just made my day man. Your mom should start playing some BF2142 at work!

on a 7300gs? lol
overclocking almost a whold GHZ higher makes you feel good about yourself, while others are on there 3.2 single cores and made fun of my 2.6 dual, now what hardy-har!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom