XP using wrong hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pericles

Solid State Member
Hello guys, firstly I would like to thank anybody in advance who takes the time to help me out.

I will try explain this the best I can, windows is using the wrong hard drive to install things on and always gives me the message saying low disk space, on the hard drive that my computer doesnt use.

I currently have 3 hard disk drives:

D: meant to be my C: drive or "main computer hard drive"
I: recovery drive (something my computer came with)
C: my external hdd.

I have also got a screenshot to help explain the problem:

Shot at 2007-08-19

I followed all steps, but it says: "Windows cannot modify the drive letter of your system volume or boot volume"

followed the steps, which then lead to me not being able to log into my computer.

I have re formatted computer, but am still suffering same problem.

Can someone please help!

when you are done formating the drive to ntfs, eject the xp cd immediately before it starts to copy files (when it says check drive). the xp install will stop. hit f3 to restart your comp.

your primary partition will now show up first.

also. unplug your usb drive, while installing xp. you are creating a headache by having it in

I have gotten rid of the extra drive to make things easier to understand.

I know have 2 disk drives,

C:// (external HDD)
D:// (onboard HDD)

I want to switch them around, this is how I found them when I reinstalled XP.

Shot at 2007-08-20

do what I said. exactly what I said if you want to solve the problem. if you follow that, then I will explain to you how you got the problem.

Yea, the only reason you get External as C: is because you have that drive plugged in during the install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom