sound system questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazer_viking

In Runtime
I'm thinking about getting a Z-5500 set up, I have my heart set on those, I think. lol

However the sound card issue is confusing me. I've read reviews and stuff, and it seems that the Creative extreme audio is the same as extreme gamer, except extreme gamer has a few unnecessary software stuffs packaged in.
I also read the user reviews on newegg and one of them said it isn't true x-fi. Do you really need to spend $200+ on just a sound card to get the card supported in all games?

Ive got a X-fi Xtreme audio and your right it isnt a true x-fi card, its a rebranded audigy! but im not taking anything away from the xtreme audio its a much better card than the old audigy's, just you dont get hardware acceleration in games and things like EAX-2/5.
The gamer is abit better because it DOES have the hardware acceleration for games and Dolby digital support etc, but the best card to buy is the music version because it uses better parts than the gamer, you only have to look at pictures to see this,plus the actual card is alot bigger, infact it takes up a whole pci-e slot, where as the gamer/audio are half the size.
If i were you id get the X-fi Xtreme music, its not even that expensive anymore, the ones above the music like the platinum etc are for real geeks who like to have the fancy control panel/volume buttons on the front of there pc!

Anymore questions fire away, as ive owned the Audio and the gamer and ive red everything there is to know about them

So you're saying that this card: Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail is a true X-fi? Or maybe I read it wrong...
The reason I want to get a true X-fi card with all the EAX support is because I read that BF 2142 doesn't let you enable the fancy EAX without it... And I play quite a bit of 2142.
I'm sure that whatever I get will blow away my current integrated sound card/$19.99 2.1 speakers. Lol.

Also, what do you mean EAX-2/5? How many revisions of EAX are there?

Thanks for the help! :]]

i think there is only eax 2 and 5 but not sure never really got into it until i got my first fatal1ty x-fi. man it sounds good

also u might want to consider the creative speakers instead of the logitech ones coz i have heard they are better

I have the z-5500 speakers and have owned them for almost 3 years now. Awesome speakers :) They sound great, the control system is awesome, and they're durable. Since I'm in college I'm moving back home every summer then moving them back up after the summer and they've taken some beatings along the way (as well has fallen off my desk) and they still work/sound great. I wouldn't consider any other speaker system. Where are you thinking about buying them from? If you want it from an online electronics retailer, zipzoomfly is cheaper than newegg after shipping, but if you go with amazon.com, you can get it for $283 shipped if you pick the right option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom