For all the ppl who keep asking what G0 stepping is

Status
Not open for further replies.
we should just keep this bumped up, I spotted another guy asking what g0 was and it didnt sound like a joke...

So is the G0's overclocking only valid for the QX6850, or for all processors on the stepping? I ask because the X-Bit Labs article only mentions the QX6850. Would the Q6600, for example, enjoy the same overclocking potential with this stepping?

By the way, I've been out of the loop for a while, so if you could fill me in...it seems that 3.55Ghz is a very high overclock, and 3.7Ghz is the "magic number." What was an average overclock for a Quad Core before the G0 stepping came along?

man its not that hard to understand, cant they just google it themself. should have to make a post about it lol

So is the G0's overclocking only valid for the QX6850, or for all processors on the stepping? I ask because the X-Bit Labs article only mentions the QX6850. Would the Q6600, for example, enjoy the same overclocking potential with this stepping?

By the way, I've been out of the loop for a while, so if you could fill me in...it seems that 3.55Ghz is a very high overclock, and 3.7Ghz is the "magic number." What was an average overclock for a Quad Core before the G0 stepping came along?

Anything with XX50 is a G0 stepping only. The q6600 is b2, b3 and g0 depending on how old the cpu is. 3.8 seems to be about the most possible on air for the g0 q6600. Any Xtreme cpu has an unlocked modifier thus giving it more overclocking ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom