Is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
Hm... since i overclocked my system, when I press the "ON" button on my computer, it turns on, then off for like 5 seconds, then on again and starts booting up.

Before i overclocked my system, it turned on right away, fans turned on, mobo turned on, and everything boots up without the 5 seconds delay thing.

After I overclocked, i press the ON button, turns on for a blink then turns off for about 5 seconds then turns on again and boots up.

Is that normal? I just went back and put everything on automatic and my comp turns on right away. Hm... but when overclocked, it has the delay.

As soon as you decided to oc the hardwares there you then placed a heavier load on the supply itself. The largest power demand is seen at post time when all drives and hardwares are quick tested by the bios itself. The supply doesn't sound adequate for the ocing you have going there.

with my first build i had exactly the same problem. i think its a problem with the PSU, and the fact it boots and then turns off means it hasnt quite got enough juice. i had a computer doing it for about 6 months till i upgraded my install, and i never had any problems AND i wasnt OCing. the reason it wont boot for 5 seconds (im guessing) is because the capacitors need to charge. with a more powerful PSU, they're pretty much ready instantly.

As soon as you decided to oc the hardwares there you then placed a heavier load on the supply itself. The largest power demand is seen at post time when all drives and hardwares are quick tested by the bios itself. The supply doesn't sound adequate for the ocing you have going there.

Huh? What are you trying to say? His system is only unstable. There isn't a problem with his power supply.

What's your FSB right now pinoy? Have you ran Orthos overnight or during the day?

Or kobe, if you're too cool for increments, you UP your FSB to a point where you think your computer can't be stable and go down from there. ;) Kidding, don't do that.

lol u could if u wanted to lol to a point, like if u have a q6600 and a tuniq u could jump straight to 3ghz then go up slowy from there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom