9800pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddogsdhs

Baseband Member
i just got a new 9800 pro installed, and i was expecting games to play very well. However, counterstrike experiences frequent, but very brief slowdowns. The fps stays at 100, but it seems as though everything freezes for a fraction of a second, or something to that effect. Nothing catostrophic, but very annoying with an expensive card. Additionally, other games seem to have similar problems. Any ideas? 3dmark seemed to run alright, btw, and i got a score of 5278 in 3dmark03. My system is athlon 2000+, 512 ddr ram at 333mhz, asus a7n8x, sblive 5.1. Thanks!

in the console in cs type in fps_max 999, that will set your max fps to 999, its a command like that. What other games?

that doesn't fix it.... the fps is always at about 100, and i have set the max to 200, to no effect. I think the software probably limits the fps for some reason...w/e i dont need monster fps to play. The problem is the momentary sort of holds (im talking fractions of a second, but annoying). Actual fps remains alright.

Which renderer are you using, software, direct 3d or opengl? Try switching to another one, how ever dont switch to software render. Also are you running a lot in the background when playing? Playing from a server on the internet?

im running opengl, direct3d made the text illegible for some reason. I have tried numerous internet servers. I am running DSL at about 1.2 megabits/second, so lag is no problem. I am not running anything beyond aim in the background.

this card seems to play cs worse than my 5200, although i still dont quite understand why 3dmark worked fine.

MSConfig it and check what u have booting up. You'd be surprised what u'd find in there! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom