MSI mobo having monitor troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

dented_taxi

Beta member
my system: MSI K7N2 Delta mobo, AMD Athlon XP 2500+, ASUS GeForce FX5200 128bit vid card, gig of DDR400 RAM.

and my problem... i was in BIOS changing the FSB to dram ratio... or sumthing like that. and when i rebooted i got a beep code. so i cleared my CMOS, and turned it on, and my monitor did nothing. i changed some 3 pin jumper (not the clear CMOS jumper) and my monitor turns on, but only shows scrambled code, nothing anyone could understand. i change that jumper back, and no monitor. i cleared my cmos several times, even took out the cmos battery. i know the power supply works, i tried it on another computer, i know the monitor works, tried that as well.
any ideas?
thanks in advance.

You may have damaged some hardware... Unless you are absolutely positive on the correct frequency, you should never manually set it... Plus MSI is not reliable at all anymore, in fact there motherboards have gone to sh*t. IMO it couldn't handle it and something overheated... Perhaps the CPU?.. It's hard to tell what actually happened without being able to examine the hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom