Looking for a laptop... don't know that much about the features.. do know what i want

Status
Not open for further replies.

newlaptop

Beta member
I'm looking for a laptop with:

1. at LEAST a 100 GB harddrive

2. something that has the ability to run a lot of programs at once with out slowing down that much or crashing

3. something pretty fast

4. None of those tiny screens or tiny laptops

5. something that is good with editing sound as I may want to produce some amateur music later (took some production classes before but not in-depth enough to know all the hardware that would be helpful to have)

Any help would be very appreciated! ^_^

Re: Looking for a laptop... don't know that much about the features.. do know what i

Get something with a Dual Core Processor and 2 ghz of ram and that should suit your needs

Re: Looking for a laptop... don't know that much about the features.. do know what i

i agree with that, the core 2 duo processors seem to be really nice. Ram is also cheap so dont skimp out on that :p.

not sure what your budget is but this laptop will do everything you want and more. Alienware: Area-51 m9750 Notebook - Learn More!

I would upgrade to the 2.0ghz and go on newegg and get 2 gig strips of memory. Get the memory and hard drive off newegg. Its a lot cheaper and it only takes minutes to install them. Newegg.com - Western Digital Scorpio WD1600BEVS 160GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache Serial ATA150 Notebook Hard Drive - OEM, Newegg.com - OCZ 4GB (2 x 2GB) 200-Pin DDR2 SO-DIMM DDR2 667 (PC2 5400) Dual Channel Kit Notebook Memory - Retail

not sure what your budget is but this laptop will do everything you want and more. Alienware: Area-51 m9750 Notebook - Learn More!

I would upgrade to the 2.0ghz and go on newegg and get 2 gig strips of memory. Get the memory and hard drive off newegg. Its a lot cheaper and it only takes minutes to install them. Newegg.com - Western Digital Scorpio WD1600BEVS 160GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache Serial ATA150 Notebook Hard Drive - OEM, Newegg.com - OCZ 4GB (2 x 2GB) 200-Pin DDR2 SO-DIMM DDR2 667 (PC2 5400) Dual Channel Kit Notebook Memory - Retail

true, it might be cheaper, but you will probably loose your warranty on the laptop if you change the HD, possible but not as likely on the ram. Just check with manufacturer.

true, it might be cheaper, but you will probably loose your warranty on the laptop if you change the HD, possible but not as likely on the ram. Just check with manufacturer.

Doesn't void warranties, and for the love of god don't get an alienwre, they're horribly overpriced.

For a cheaper solution, Dell vostro/inspiron is always good. hard to give advice though without a budget

Doesn't void warranties, and for the love of god don't get an alienwre, they're horribly overpriced.

For a cheaper solution, Dell vostro/inspiron is always good. hard to give advice though without a budget

Doesn't void the warranty? that would be new to me... but I still would ask. If you pulled the HD, and mirrored it over, it would be changing hardware, which i thought voided warranties. or is it just the non-hard to get to hardware? like MB or something? I am basing this more on desktop warranties then laptop, since i don't buy new laptops.

Well I'm 100% certain that RAM doesn't void warranties and 99.9999% certain about HDs. In fact, for dells in which one of the RAM slots is under the keyboard you can take the keyboard off (there's even an official guide for it).. You might have to keep the old ram sticks (if you replaced them and not just added additional ones) though in case you have to warranty it for something else, I'm not sure though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom