having problems getting video card to send signal to monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
have you tried checking the jumper settings on your motherboard? What type of MB is it? make sure that the jumpers are in the normal operation or try clearing the cmos, usually this works.

Sounds like a bad AGP port to me, plus why the hell would you go out and drop $600 on a cpu and not drop some duckets on a decent video card... running two pieces of shit video cards... if your going for the gusto.. buy a good video card too...
Just totally bizarre to me, it would be like buying a corvette and then throwing a v6 into it afterwards.

Go have someone run a test on your mobo or send it back to asus.. call up asus before you do and see what they think.

Hi this is my first post here but I hope it is a helpful one. I had exactly the same problem with my computer It was driving me nuts taking the card out reseating all that failed. Then I happened to think of the answer. The PSU on the computer for some reason didn't seem to be giving enough power to run the card. Luckily I had another case there and swapped the psu. Bingo it did the trick. I hope this helps. Rab

Same Deal

I am having the same problem as brian was. I have an ASUS P4T533-C mobo with P4 3.06/533 chip 256 mb rimm and using a geforce ti 500? and a matrox millenium as another test card. neither card works to show output. I have only a floppy and hd hooked up, and have all the power plugs/etc plugged in correctly. what's weird is i swapped in a 2.4 Ghz P4 and everything worked fine, booted with no problems, that was about 2 months ago, but now nothing works at all. If anyone who posted might know what the solution to brian's problem was or could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated. I will try to answer any other information that you may need.

Shaun

Btw i'm A+ certified, so i know what i'm doin. I didn't get any beep codes or anything, because it's not even getting to the bios to load post. I know that bad rimm might cause this, but nothing's been even touched in the whole comp for the 2 months beetween the time i tried the other chip till now.

OK, i think that i figured my problem out, but still some questions. I've been in contact with Asus technical support and they said the 3.06 with HT is possible with the motherboard if:
the PCB revision is 1.03 or later
the bios revision is 1008 or later

You can find the PCB revision beetween the 2nd and 3rd pci slot i think, you'll see the "ASUS P4t533-c" sticker then, the "rev 1.03" will be right above the pci slot under the "asus" sticker. This is if you are looking at the motherboard in a "tower" and the processor is on the top, and the pci slots start at the bottom and go up. The bios revision can be found on the sticker on the bios chip itself. Look for a little chip, about 1/2 in square down toward the last pci slot almost on the edge of the board, near the cmos battery and the processor speed/bus speed dip switch box. it will say something like "1003".

hope this helps others out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom