Someone please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
rakesh_1024 said:
AMD employs shorter pipeline. Hence more number of instructions get executed per cycle.
What Intel believes is higher clock speeds would compensate their longer pipeline.
Hence AMD 2400+ which runs at 2GHZ is almost equivalent to Intel's 2.6GHZ.
Go for Intel only if ur brother wants to do some video editing stuff.
For rest of the applications, nothing beats an AMD.

No, the 2.8c is the equiv of the 3200+, check out toms hardware, and the 2.8 still smokes the 3200+ in most benchmarks, so your 2400+ is equal to about a 2ghz P4.

Vnet said:
hey if ur buying an intel don put an ati card in it get a GForce Fx ...

That makes no sense, just cause someone orders bacon, doesn't mean they gotta order eggs, I have a P4 and a 9800PRO and they work wonders.

I wouldn't go with the 9800 SE. It doesn't even perform as well as the 9600 PRO. Go with the 9800 PRO or the 9600 XT or PRO. If you read reviews on ATI SE, look here, http://www.extremeoverclocking.com/reviews/video/Sapphire_9800SE_1.html
you'll see that they're the worst crap you can get.
Although they can be soft modded to a 9800 PRO (or almost) I would still go with the 9600 series.
If you still want the SE, do a google search and they'll tell you how to softmod it.

Wartorment said:
No, the 2.8c is the equiv of the 3200+, check out toms hardware, and the 2.8 still smokes the 3200+ in most benchmarks, so your 2400+ is equal to about a 2ghz P4.

Generic benchmarks? Yes
Gaming benchmarks? Hmm...

xxdryicexx said:
I never said amd is unreliable.. I am not taking any sides here (without logical reasons) but I just think that intel has amd beat in the high-end cpu's, while amd has intel beat in the 64 bit department at the moment..

why?

simple. lets compare.

_p4 2.8c GHZ northwood 800mhz fsb HT cpu w/heatsink/fan/silver = $180.00

_amd 3200+ 2.2ghz barton 400mhz fsb cpu w/heatsink/fan/silver = $187.00

lets break it down.

clock speed = amd wins by about 15% more
fsb = intel wins by 50% more
(do NOT forget that fsb is a very important relation to the overall clock speed of a cpu consdering fsb is the direct communicator between cpu's and mobo, which intel has x2 more)
Additional threading = obviously intel, although HT is useless alot of the times..
heating = intel ALWAYS wins this.. which also means that intel cpu's are alot safer to overheat AND match the 3200+ in speeds and go even faster WITHOUT breaking a sweat.

An 800 MHz fsb doesn't do a P4 any good unless you had ram running at 800MHz . That's why the XP only has a 400MHz bus because if krnxstyle runs the 400MHz ram in that computer, an extra 400MHz of bandwith doesn't do any good.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom