New Build 1900$~

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL your build is really amusing because it is VERY similar to my build, except for the fact you got some expensive mobo I dont know about and an unnecessary 2nd WD Raptor ( unless you want to RAID 0 em for a ridiculous unecessary amount of performance ). I disagree with B1gapl, although the WD 750 gig is a good choice, its not as fast as a raptor...close...but then again so is the seagate 80 gig 7200.10 everyones raving about. I got one of those for storage of my media/music and just 1 WD 150 gig at 165 after MIR for games/OS.

I'm also having the same problems deciding what OS to use, right now Im using xp but when I eventually go to vista for dx10 the 64 bit performs better in some applications but has less compatability. If your going to dish out around 2k for a system like me, GET a sound card. The best deal is the Xi-Fi Xtreme gamer for 50 bucks after MIR at circuit city ( think this amazing deal ended now its like 80 ). The Xtreme music series has severely lacking capability in comparison to the Xtreme gamer and I heard their just rebadged Audigy 2s or something. No mobo sound can ever compare to a sound card, trust me I've heard both and there is a HUGE differance, especially for games/music.

Also uh what HSF are u going to use?
Nice build hah, I think I'd rather have the terabyte and a half of space than the better proformance of the raptors. I was worried about space in the case as the 8800 is so huge but im guessing there is enough space for the sound card? Im going to use the Tuniq120.

Is there any reason you decided on G.Skill DDR 800 PC6400 HZ Ram over the ballistix everyone is recommending? Why did you choose Gigabyte P-35 DS3R over the Asus P5K? I read reviews on both of them I think the Asus is better but I could be wrong. What thermal paste should I get for my Q6600?

Crysis really does look amazing, i'm really tempted just to get vista just to play it lol.

Yeah, everybody here recommends the ballistix, because it has a great performance plus a great price, and about the motherboard, they recommend it, because its great for gaming (very good performance for the price, and it can overclock really good), and some other good features.

cannoN.

Nice build hah, I think I'd rather have the terabyte and a half of space than the better proformance of the raptors. I was worried about space in the case as the 8800 is so huge but im guessing there is enough space for the sound card? Im going to use the Tuniq120.

Is there any reason you decided on G.Skill DDR 800 PC6400 HZ Ram over the ballistix everyone is recommending? Why did you choose Gigabyte P-35 DS3R over the Asus P5K? I read reviews on both of them I think the Asus is better but I could be wrong. What thermal paste should I get for my Q6600?

Crysis really does look amazing, i'm really tempted just to get vista just to play it lol.

I got the G.Skill cause it used to be the "ram everyones recommending" back in June when it was only 100 for 2 gigs of ddr800. Now its not the best bang for ur buck anymore and people have went elsewhere. Also everyone here loves the P-35 DS3R and consider it to be the best non SLI mobo since it can OC the farthest and has a lot of great features for only being 130 ( can support ddr3 if u get the C version and all P35 mobos support the next coming penryn chips ), the P35 chipset is just the best deal right now ask b1gapl to elaborate more. Not to mention SLI is NEVER worth it imho. The MX-1 is what I got for the thermal psate but it looks like they replaced it with the MX-2 now so just get that instead over the AS5 since they say the AF7 performance is due to the MX-1 ( meaning MX-1 beats AS5 in terms of performance ).

does putting two harddrives in raid make a huge difference in speed? I'm mostly just going to be using this computer for video games. I don't need a terabyte and a half of hd space either lol.

I don't think the speed is a significant boost. It doesn't help in gaming, except for loading.

I got the G.Skill cause it used to be the "ram everyones recommending" back in June when it was only 100 for 2 gigs of ddr800. Now its not the best bang for ur buck anymore and people have went elsewhere. Also everyone here loves the P-35 DS3R and consider it to be the best non SLI mobo since it can OC the farthest and has a lot of great features for only being 130 ( can support ddr3 if u get the C version and all P35 mobos support the next coming penryn chips ), the P35 chipset is just the best deal right now ask b1gapl to elaborate more. Not to mention SLI is NEVER worth it imho. The MX-1 is what I got for the thermal psate but it looks like they replaced it with the MX-2 now so just get that instead over the AS5 since they say the AF7 performance is due to the MX-1 ( meaning MX-1 beats AS5 in terms of performance ).
Alright thanks for the help so far.. Do you remember how long of Sata2 cables did you need for your HDs and how long IDE for your DVD-R?

Another question since you mentioned the ASUS- Gigabyte P35-DS3R or Asus P5K deluxe? Is there much of a difference, personally I'd rather just get the Asus.

well.. ya.. if u can afford it.. splurge.. its the best core 2 quad overclocker there is... we usually recommend the gigabyte p35-ds3r because its huge bang for the buck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom