Warning about OEM Operating systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whe I build my new pc, some time , im hoping to take my version of windows vista right now, and if they wont activate, i guess you could take another route (not suggesting illegal activity)

I seriously didnt understand like 50% of the replies in this thread...some of u guys need to actually re-read your posts...

your right i should of added more to my post

oem software has always been this way, its not neweggs responsibility for people to know these things, its been posted on here long beforre vista was even released

your right i should of added more to my post

oem software has always been this way, its not neweggs responsibility for people to know these things, its been posted on here long beforre vista was even released

my original post purpose was to let people know the differance between OEM and Retail products, not to blame newegg for not letting us know. I didn't know that OEM OS fix themselves to 1 mobo only...but maybe you can transfer it to another mobo by the look of these horribly typed out replies ( I mean just read some of them....they seem like complete jibberish )

The only experience I've had with activation is on XP. I did a re-format and had to call MS to activate the serial number. I just told them what I did, my serial number, and that it was on the same Compaq computer and they were fine with it. I was actually a bit surprised how easy it went down. I was expecting Bill Gates to Blue Screen of Death the screen on my phone, or the laughing skull and crossbones from Independence Day to show up.

i hav the OEM but i dnt hav any intent on installing it on another system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom