Installing media center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have media center, and made an ISO of it a while back. Well a few weeks ago, I sold my dvd drive, and can not install it. (need it really bad now)

So heres the thing: I have a 2gb flash drive that might support boot from usb functionality, so is there any way that I can copy the contents of the media center ISO onto the flash drive, boot from the flash drive (before windows) and reinstall? Pretty much using the flash drive as a dvd drive, and , well you get the point

is it possible?

possible based on your mobo abilities I think...but not sure if the setup requires itself to be on a disc medium of some sort

yes, my motherboard can boot from removeable devices, sometimes i have to remove my smaller flash drives so I can boot the thing.

i know it can possibly be done, but the problem would be making it boot from it.

like a boot loader for those multi-boot cd's or a linux thing or something.

do a google search you'll find a lot of results. i'm going to create a vista version. it should be fun :)

no it won't work. the mobo will look for a boot sector, not for a dvd copied to flash. media center in on 2 cds (3 if you have the rollup pack). did you use nlite to make it a dvd?

get a bart pe cd and boot from it. then head the flash drive for the xp setup.exe file. it will now install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom