what to get

Status
Not open for further replies.

aboa_e

Beta member
i want to get a new laptop. i want a really good game computer and can handle multi-tasking also is fairly good with media. im looking at toshiba satellite x205. my price ranges to a max of 3k. i heard bad things bout toshiba? one more question is would xps be better and worth to spend a lil more?

any information or help is greatly appreciate.

dells laptops are 100% better than their desktops, how about looking inti an acer?

The X205 is pretty nice. It's got a great graphics card, probably the best quality speakers you can get in a laptop. Toshibas generally have poor build quality, but the X205 is an exception since it's a higher end model. Also, they have North American support, which is nice. Some of the negatives are the size, weight, screen contrast, poor viewing angles, poor keyboard response. But for its size, it has awesome battery life.

But I have one question: Why not just get a gaming desktop and put the money you save into a lower-end laptop? The X205 weights almost 10lbs and is over 2" thick! You will probably find that it will spend most of its time on your desk, and it's not exactly the most upgradeable solution.

A more economical solution would be to get a $1,200 gaming desktop (cheaper to upgrade) and put $1,300 into a powerful, small, portable notebook with integrated graphics.

But if you really need a mobile gaming system, the X205 is a nice system to consider.

yeah i got a desktop now.. its not much of a gamer anymore since all my old hardware blew. i would love to have another good desktop but since im going into college and i also go to friends house to play some lan games i need to be lil more mobile. the size and wight is not too much of a prob for me, but poor viewing? and key response, is it a really bad or just slightly? and the contrast i heard was good?

Wow, 3 grand on a laptop? That's a bit steep. The one I have in my signature is only $1200, lol and it's fast. Only thing I regret is not getting a video card for it.

Dell has the XPS line which is a more powerful version of their usual laptops. Then there's Alienware which is also Dell too, lol. Yes, they're suppose to be powerhouse laptops and sure enough, they come closer to your 3 grand price range.

x205 is bout 2 grand and is good so im really thinking about going for that one.. also to mention its pretty much going to be my life time laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom