Warning about OEM Operating systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Entering the product key is no problem. It's activating it that is hard.

Is there a way that Microsoft can track what hardware you're using on your PC? Like if I activate my PC the first time, they'll somehow know what motherboard I'm using, what CPU, etc.? Because I got away with installing Vista business on both my home PC and old laptop at one point. I just made sure that one PC was turned off and disconnected to the Net before I called in for activation.

If you change motherboard or significantly change your system hardware and have to reinstall windows, just activate by phone and explain it to them. Microsoft will give you the activation code.

no they dont send any information back like that, all they would know is how many times it would have been activated, but they dont seem to be bothered, they will ask u if u have itinstall on an other pc but the ovbi answer would be no lol worth a try there not goin to track you down or anythin, if they start askin question just play old trick i cnt hear you!!! hello!!! hello!!! your breaking up!!! lol then put it down

wel i have been called out a few times the dell operating systems seems to always activate and they have 3 dell pcs so they are all mixed up so they could be 2 with same serial number

remember you are dealing with vista not xp im only goin off wt theysaid about xp but it didnt seem to matter.

I guess the best excuse is to just say, "I had a virus and so I have to do a reinstall". I've tried that before twice because Windows wouldn't activate unless I call them. They both work very well with no questions asked.

Or what will be really funny is saying that Windows keep freezing up and so a reinstall was necessary. I don't know about Windows Repair though. Do you still have to activate it when doing a repair? Or does it only affect a complete reinstall of Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom