ATI 2400 HD Audio issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntiLeaf33

Solid State Member
Ok, so I decided to upgrade my old video card and get something a little bit better (I'm a poor student so I didn't exactly have a lot of money to shell out for a high end card like I would have liked) so I bought an ATI 2400 HD card. So after I installed the card I noticed that I wasn't getting any audio. When I check my sound options, it said I was using a HDMI cable, when I am only using a VGA cable. The card does support HDMI output, but since I don't have a HDMI cable (or a HD monitor for that matter) then I need to go VGA. I made sure I have to most recent drivers for the card, and the HDMI output is the only audio source my PC is seeing. When I threw my old card back in, it then saw my speakers and I got audio fine. I've scanned through the Catalyst Control Panel and ATI's knowledgebase, and so far I haven't found a solution.

If anybody has any info, or have encountered this issue please give me a hand.

Thanks

I've checked all the drivers, and updated them all. With the new Video card installed, it is only seeing the "HDMI" as the only audio playback device. With the old card installed, it sees the speakers. This is pretty messed up and I can't seem to find out whats causing it.

Here is a screen cap of what I get before I installed the video card, and after it was installed...keep in mind I am NOT using a HDMI cable either.

Audio.jpg

Try deleting all the sound stuff in your Device Manager and refresh again. Let Windows detect it and install whatever it needs. Don't put any CD in for the driver install.

Gave that a shot, when it began to detect the audio device it started to state that it "Found High Definition Audio Bus Controller" and then it switched back to HDMI again

Got it taken care of now. What I did was turn on on0board sound in the BIOS, and then when Windows booted up, I had all sound options I had before + HDMI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom