notebooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

matches

Beta member
I am in the market for a new notebook. I have done some research but still a little unsure of what the right decision is.

What manufacturers do you like?
What model?
How can I tell what a good screen is...I need a good screen.

I basically need it for traveling and will be using it for everything I am using my desktop for now i.e. bookkeeping, online research, graphics (Fireworks, Photoshop) and web development, staying in contact with people while on the road.

My budget is around U.S. $1800.00. I do know that I want a above average processor and over 512 ram...because I am really impatient :) 60 gig HD or bigger.

Thanks for any help.

Toshiba, hey my family has a HP notebook and its actually pretty good (except all the cr*p they put on the os). Try to get "Intel Centrino Mobile Technology" the battery life is the best. Emachines also makes good notebooks.

dell. excellent tech support and no bullshit. desktops are overpriced but dell is the best quality youre gonna get

Do you think the notesbooks are overpriced? I suppose to some extent they would have to be in order to be sold at retail, but are they grossly over priced?

I've used IBM Stinkpads... they totally sucked. Why? that stupid little 'nub' thats supposed to serve as a mouse pointer in the middle of the keyboard was the total sh*ts. After a while of use, it would get stuck leaning one way or another, and the mouse on the screen would always get pushed to either side of the screen. And the model i used constantly froze up or crashed on me.

I love Dell laptops.. fast bootup, good system performance...etc etc. I've also used a Toshiba Tecra when i was a sales rep for a comapny a few eyars ago. Very sturdy and also had good system peformance. Stick w/ either Dell or Tosh.

If you're gona get a notebook, I'd say you go with a Toshiba or a Dell.... I think Dell might be cheaper, but their both excellent in laptop manufacturing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom