e6750@3.4ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riznarf

In Runtime
I overclocked my e6750 on a ds3r to 3.4ghz thusfar without upping the vcore. i THINK its getting a bit unstable due to some unexpected shutdowns, so....should I up the vcore now or wait till it gets real unstable? (I should only up the vcore 1 notch in the bios, right?) Also, my dram:fsb ratio should be 1:1 right?

And what about the other settings?

RAM Timmings?
VOltages>
RAM.
FSB:
NOrthBridge (MCH):
Load Temp using Orthos and SMP Folding..

sorry, had to run out:

the vcore now is stock (i think a little under 1.5v) temps are really cool (avg maybe 32ish?) ram timings are 5-5-5-15, fsb is now at 440 w/ an 8 multiplier.

im running prime 95 for a while after each increase in the fsb, is it really bad to increase the vcore if the system is still stable?

ok, so i just gave the system a big bump to the following:

455fsb@3.64ghz
and upped the vcore from 1.3375v to 1.34375v

according to Cappy's link, the 6750 can handle vcore up to 1.46v, so should I just keep upping the fsb until its unstable, then up the vcore a notch, and repeat until the vcore is at or around 1.46v? (is that how this whole overclocking thing works?)

and upped the vcore from 1.3375v to 1.34375v

You're lucky. I'm at 1.45volts for my 3.4Ghz e6750. I had it at 1.5volts to get to 3.5Ghz.

I don't think it'll go any further, unless I loosen the RAM which I don't really want to do.

You're lucky. I'm at 1.45volts for my 3.4Ghz e6750. I had it at 1.5volts to get to 3.5Ghz.

I don't think it'll go any further, unless I loosen the RAM which I don't really want to do.

yeah, im feeling ill be getting there too pretty soon, where can you manually adjust the ram timings in the bios? i didnt see it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom