Overclocking my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

motoxer4533

Try again!
Hey everybody, hopefully I can get some help.

I have:
2.13 ghz Dual Core (E6420)
DDR2 800 G Skill RAM (Stock @ 4-4-3-5)
Stock CPU Cooler
MSI P6N SLI mobo

-MSI has a utility called "Dual Core Center" that I have been trying to use to overclock.

When I try raising the FSB MhZ to around 300), the computer just freezes, and I have to hit my reset button. I have tried to set the voltages to around 1.3-1.5 range, but with no luck.

Is there and easy way to do this? I don't know anything about OC'ing, so any help would be appreciated.

No no! motoxer! :D You get your SMP up and running yet? Well overclocking doesn't look so simple right now. When you raised it up to 300MHz and it shut down right away means your system is unstable. Have you disabled EIST and C1E? 2 important options you'll have to disable before you start your overclocking process.

I've been running SMP for over a month now...

And I don't think that stuff is disabled... I don't know where to go to find it :0

Here's a SS of my BIOS:

P8190216.jpg

What should be changed??

I think Spread Spectrum was suppose to be Disabled. What's your VCore right now? It doesn't seem to list it up on your BIOS screen shot.

1066/4x8=2.132. Alright so your FSB right now is 266? UP it to 277 and run Orthos for 8 hours or more for the best results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom