Which GPU for a HD LCDTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

continu

Baseband Member
What kind of GPU would I atleast need to run on a Sharp Aquos 42'' 1080p HD LCDTV smoothly? Sharp LC-42D62U - AQUOS 42" High-definition 1080p LCD TV |BuyDig.com

Currently I have an old GPU saph x850xt. I'm sure my res will suck while playing games or watching any type of movies. Any suggestions? I would like to max out the res to get that 1080p look (1920 x 1080). Will SLi help it at all? I know its a waste of money to have two GPU when 1 great GPU can probably outperform two... I think, not sure on this matter.

For that high of a resolution, you're going to need a powerful card. I would suggest that you look at nothing less powerful than an 8800GTS.

I would definitely get an 8800 GTX, It doesn't look like the price difference between a GTS and GTX would matter too much to you and it would really boost the performance when gaming. :)

BTW, beautiful screen, good work.

Cool thx. Does the MB on it matter on how well it will perform on the HDTV? example 320mb vs 640mb ? (this is on the 8800GTS)

also i see on newegg spec. that the 8800GTS max resolution is 2560 x 1600. Since I want to run mine on 1920 x 1080 on the 1080p HDTV, it should be able to handle the huge screen with no problem? or am I misunderstanding what that max resolution mean?

EDIT: This is my current rig. might be old to some.
E6400, GIGA 965P-DS3, 2x1GIG OCZ Plat
anything on my rig i should upgrade inorder to help run the comp on the HDTV?

The max. resolution it shows is just the maximum setting is has. It does not mean it will do everything on that resolution. There is pretty much no difference between the 320 and the 640MB versions of the GTS on smaller resolutions, but if you can get a good deal, I would get the 640 since the resolution is a bit large. You don't need to upgrade anything on your rig from what I can see either.

Yeh no need for an upgrade.

But if your considering the GTS 640MB, it will probably be a bit better for that screen, but i would suggest the ATI 2900xt instead.

if you go a notch down to 1080i, you can use the 690G or 7050PV and even a 2600XT or 8600GTS would work awesome.

I would recommend a x2900XT, it works great for its price at high resolutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom