Comp won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-Rock

Solid State Member
Hey everyone.

I just built my first computer. I put everything togther what i thought to be correctly. However, when i push the power button, the thing won't turn on. The first time i pushed it the LEDs in the fans flashed for a brief second but then turned off. Now, when I pushed the button, it does nothing. Now, I looked at where I connected my power switch to the motherboard but it looked fine. The big plug is connected correctly as well as the 4pin power connector. I need some help please as I'm totally lost because the thing won't even turn on!

I have ::

RAIDMAX Black 10-bay Case with 420W Power Supply, Model "ATX-822WBP" -RETAIL

ASUS "A8V Deluxe Wi-Fi" K8T800 Pro Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket 939 CPU -RETAI

ATI RADEON X800 PRO Video Card, 256MB GDDR3, 256-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP -RETAIL

AMD Socket 939 Athlon 64 3500+, 2.2 GHz, 512KB L2 Cache 64-bit Processor - Retail

OCZ Enhanced Latency Series Dual Channel Kits 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200

NEC 1.44MB Black Internal Floppy Drive, OEM

Western Digital 80GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, Model WD800JD, OEM Drive Only

PIONEER DVD±RW Drive, Model DVR-A07XLB, Retail

Optorite Black IDE/ATAPI 52X32X52 CD-RW Drive, Model CW5201, Retail

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Platinum PCI Sound Card, Model "SB0350" -RETAIL

hmm, before you buy anything, did your case have front usb ports that you connected to the motherboard. when i first put my computer together, i had the same problem, nothign would turn on. then i disconnected the usb heaer(from the front usb ports) from the motherboard and voila everythign worked fine. turns out the wire configuration was not compatible and the safety feature on the board prevented it from started and thus frying the mobo. basically, start with the basics of this connected. i.e start the computer off with just the psu connected, hard drive, 1 cd drive, video card, floppy drive, then connect the other stuff.

good luck with your endevours :)

i had your exact problem, with the led fans turning on then dying and when i tried to start it again they wouldnt work. try a different power supply

I tried disconnecting everything with only the mobo plugged in and it still didn't turn on. So, I think that I might have to get a new PSU. How is the Antec 550w?

hey mate when you installed the motherboard did you make sure you screwed the screws on to the copper round screws to make sure it floats or the motherboard might short circuit on the plate of metal just check that might be the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom