Another modem problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
Okay, so I got a new modem to replace the one that went out on me. With my new modem, however, I can only connect at 19.2Kbps. With my other one, I never connected at anything lower than 28.8. I have searched the web for modem init strings that might fix my problem but have found none. Can somebody please help? The modem is a Creative Boradxent V.92 DI3631-1.

That sounds more like a service problem to me, but i am probobly wrong. The only thing i can think of is to go to cable or dsl :p. sorry man good luck...

Can't get cable or DSL where I live. With my old modem, I connected faster, so its not a service problem.

too expensive. I work at KFC 25 hours a week, and have a car payment and insurance payment. My parents said they will not pay for satellite. Satellite I've looked into is outrageously priced. If you give me a decently priced satellite provider, I'll look into it. But for now I have to get this modem to work!

If it was a cheap modem then i would suggest going back and getting a new one. If it was an expensive one than i would suggest going for some help at the site.

In case you guys were wondering how off topic i could get t1 is 200 bucks a month at 1.45mb per seconds. T3 is 5000 dollars a month at 45mbs per second. I dont know much oc3 and oc12 costs but oc3 is 155mb per second, and oc12 is 650mb per second. Hmm oc12 sounds nice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom