Record VHSs on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldj

Baseband Member
Howdy,

I want to put some VHSs on my PC... so I bought a S-Video to RCA (Those red white and yellow ones) converter plugged that into my PC, and hoped for magic... don't know what I thought would happen...

So, I have the VCR Video output connected to my PCs S-Video input, and my VCRs Audio output connected to my soundcard's line in... Now what??

Do I need a peice of software... I don't just want to be able to watch it, I want to be able to record it, So I burn to DVD...

THANKS!

If the S-video you're talking about is on a graphic card, then you can't record, because all the ports on a graphic card, are outputs. They don't take in picture, they display. You would need a video capture card.

Then is there ANY way I can get my VHS on my PC??

Like, can I somehow connect my VCR to my PC's DVD burner? I getting kinda desparate here...

I've looked into those... I just bought a new computer, with a nice video card, and I don't feel like I want to pay more for something I'd use once... is there ANYTHING I can do?!?! I am not afraid to rewire things so it'll work...

I'M SO DESPARATE!! I NEED THIS VHS ON A DVD!! :( :( :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom