My Computer Specs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually for a new powersupply I'd have to buy a whole new one, since the current one comes with the case itself. This means like an extra $50-$60? On top of that it wouldn't be the special quiet model that's in the current case. Do I REALLY need a 400W psu if I'm doing 0 overclocking?

didi said:
I heard AMD Athlon 64 FX more better~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My dual PIII's still out perform those 64 bit chips... I don't see what people see in them..

Arithmatic Bench:
Dual P3 1.0GHz Each=9,505
P4 3.2GHz=9,456
Athlon64 FX-51 2.2GHz=9,019

Multimedia Bench:
Dual P3 1.0GHz Each=38,047
P4 3.2GHz=26,004
Athlon64 FX-51 2.2GHz=16,312

My system also didn't cost as much as those others..

BTW- I'm using a 450 Watt Thermaltake PSU

Chaos... I really doubt those dual processors outperform the AMD64... Even it it was a 2800+... Still so much more power/potential.

dude... for that system i wouldnt get less than a 450 watt psu. you can get the case with the psu, buy a separate psu and replace the one that came with it for no problem. get a thermaltake 480 watt psu. its one of the most important parts of a computer. dont skimp on it.

agex000 said:
Chaos... I really doubt those dual processors outperform the AMD64... Even it it was a 2800+... Still so much more power/potential.

Regardless if you do doubt it.. The benchmarks show what has more power.. If you look on the internet you will find that the dual p3's can beat most single chips, including your AMD64 FX-51 processors, which run at 2.2GHz themselves. Go to SiSandra's website, they have the information linked.. Are you even looking? Or do you just assume? Potential and real performance are two diffrent things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom