newly built computer will not boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haris_P

Solid State Member
I just got all of my computer parts here and hooked them all up. now when i pressed the power button, the power light goes on but the CPU fan does not spin. I'm thinking the problem is with the cpu, but not sure. any help would be appreciated.

i have a microatx 250w psu
intel celeron processor
intel motherboard

check ur front panel connectors and their alignment on the sockets on ur mobo, ur mobo's guide should have a diagram in it. I'm almost certain this will fix ur problem, cuz i built 3 computers this weekend (mine and 2 of my friends) and these have been the only problem ive had, need help msg me on aol mikejjirwin :)

or with 250 watts u may need a bigger psu depending on wut u have, i say about a 400-450w psu should be a standard for todays machines build by us losers.

I'm betting its a small form factor pc, he wont be able to fit a 400w psu, the psu should be fine though. Also, try a different motherboard, that has solved quite a few problems also and check all your connections, especially the headers where the power switch went into.

i'm not running anything big. one 20gig hd, cdrom, floppy, network card, built in sound and video.. it's not my main machine.

that isn't too much of a power drain. check the connections and all. the cpu can't be a problem, it doens't have much to do w/ it's fan.

hmm.... been quite some time since i touched the pc.

I'm still having the same problem as stated above. I tried disconnecting all the IDE cables and PCI cards, but nothing happens. There is a small light that turns on but that's about it. I've connected the fan to the power, still the same thing. I took the mobo out of the case, no help. I have a few pics of how it's all set up, maybe that will help.

faraway_small.jpg

http://shirtsngiggles.net/images/faraway_big.jpg -far away (blown up)

upclose_small.jpg

http://shirtsngiggles.net/images/upclose_big.jpg -far away (blown up)

Is there any possibility the RAM might be faulty? I have a 64MB PC100 in there.

How would I go doing such a thing? Replacing the mobo and the ram?

I was thinking of maybe just getting a different motherboard.

I don't know if its just for the picture but you don't have any ram and your cpu fan isn't plugged in. I think thant might help:laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom