dual boot xp and vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Everything to Nothing
k, so ive had vista for 5/6months now but im getiing tired of compatibilty issues, i want to keep my vista installation on my WD caviar 160GB drive but want to install xp on my second 80GB drive, ive heard its quite hard to setup a dual booting system where both the OSs are windows, help would be cool

you're not really dual booting. you're using 2 separate HD's each with their own operating system.

but getting back to your question...yes it is a little hassle to get a dual boot going with vista. once you know how to fix the problems though, it's a pretty simple solution that only takes about 10 minutes and the use of 1 program called easy bcd.

i cant be bothered to mess up my system, i like it how its righ now but thanks for the responce :)

It is simple. I quad boot right now. It is really easy to do.

Since you have 2 HDD's if you currently have XP isntalled just use the Vista DVD and install. It will add your XP isntall to the BCD. If not you just install XP, then insert the Vista DVD and recover the BCD. From there you use EasyBCD to add XP to the BCD and done.

All in all the most time it takes is the time to isntall the OS. Other than that there is no issues trying to get the boot process setup.

thanks for the replys guys but ive decided not to do it as to be honest i cant bebothered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom