Gigabyte P-35 DS3R mounting problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
I was wondering if anyone with a Gigabyte P-35 DS3R has already mounted their mobo? ( Im trying to mount it on a thermaltake armor full tower case ) I mean the instructions don't even mention mobo mounting and the hardware install guidebook just says to mount it. But like...I have so many questions I mean...What screws do we use? Do we have to use washers? etc etc

Use the case's standoff screws, to mount the motherboard.
a05bj.jpg

There should be case standoffs, or pegs on the backplate of the case.
You would attach the motherboard to the case with the included mounting screws.
Don't use washers that are non-metallic, as we need to ground the motherboard to the case.
There are six holes, two columns and three rows.

There should be case standoffs, or pegs on the backplate of the case.
You would attach the motherboard to the case with the included mounting screws.
Don't use washers that are non-metallic, as we need to ground the motherboard to the case.
There are six holes, two columns and three rows.

ah well i found the golden case standoffs/pegs but how do I know which screws to use? ( none came with mobo ) Also do i even need washers for the holes? they look like this:

Legit Reviews - The Gigabyte P35-DS3R Motherboard Review - Board Layout
( 3rd to last picture down )

You don't need washers. Well actually I think the case screws, have metal washers with them.

All mounting screws at very stubby. Similar to those for the HDDs.

I didn't understand that well, what do u mean by very stubby? Theres so many screws of so many different designs and no documentation on what they are specifically for so Im assuming u can use any.

Originally I guessed the 1 inch long screws were for mounting the PSU and all 3 went in just fine except 1 that refused to go in and only screwed in half way. Now I just discovered really really short black mounting screws that came with the corsair PSU, so Im guessing I was supposed to use these instead...jeez does it even matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom