RAM Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
AAAAAARRRRRG PLEASE HELP... It came in the mail today but I got a BIIIIG PROBLEM!! I got the case open fine. Touched some metal. I found the existing ram and removed it from its postition easy as pie. I found the new ram to match perfect with the slot (The actual chip was the same size but there was an extra case-like object on it... I dont think im supposed to remove it though.) I applied pressure to insert it into the slot and it went in but not far enough, I kept trying for a while making sure I wasnt making some idiotic mistake like putting it in something other than the slot... I figured ok ill try the other one and it didnt work. WTF. Then I tried the old ones and they would go in either. Im 95% sure im putting them in the right way but it wont go in all they way!? Can someone think of what im doing wrong PLEASE!! I included pics but there bad quality
Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Weird the MoBo (whatever) pics got flipped

You do have to apply a bit of pressure, to get them in....but not too much. Just until the clips, snap into place.

If I mess something up its covered right?
i just took another swing at it and i pushed really hard, im a pretty strong guy, im not wimp. I felt/saw stress relieve off the MoBo or whatever the base is called... I definately dont think this is rightbut i dont know why it will go in!!
Also, theres 2 half circle notches in the ram, I want the white lever to match with the top one right, not the second one?
I saw your T.F. Records link and I demand my tie for the youngest member at 13 be listed!! December 29, 1993. Ask the other guy I dont want an asterisk on my record =)
If you think im helpless and should get a professional please just tellme so I can be done with it, im not one to give up easily but this is just messed up.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom