Graphing calculator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnageX

Private Joker,
Staff member
Well, I'm gonna be a junior in HS this year, and they said we needed a graphing calculator for my pre-calc class. So I've been wondering what is the best one to get for the money. I've been looking at these ones so far:

Newegg.com - Texas Instruments TI-84 PLUS Graphing Calculator TI-84 PLUS - Retail
Newegg.com - Texas Instruments 84PLSE/GC/1L1/N graphing calculator with 8 display lines Silver - Retail
Newegg.com - Texas Instruments TI-89 Titanium Graphing Calculator - Retail

Any of you have any of these calculators, and what are your opinions on 'em?

Thanks for the help guys, appreciate it.

Well I saw a camera topic in here, so I figured a calculator topic wouldn't be much different =P. Doesn't really fit into any other area xD.

Wrong forum? Lol, I would go with the TI-84. It'll last you until college.

Wrong forum!!?!?! We've had topics that are way off computers ;)

Go with the TI-89 titanium: last you your whole life
It's the best calculator ever: it does EVERYTHING, and even the things that the 84 can't do.
Spend the money and you'll be proud. I know I am so far.

the titanium can solve all out equations even through calculus II, but it doesn't show you work...thing is, most schools outlaw it because of its abilities to pop straight answers out...i got one, and the teachers won't show you how to use it, they only teach 83/84's

thing is, most schools outlaw it because of its abilities to pop straight answers out..
Lol, that's kinda what I was afraid of if I went with that one xD. I mean...if I spent $140 on a calculator...I'll wanna know I can use it xD.

Read the manual, all the hundreds of pages of it ;)
No really, the TI-89 is so much easier than the TI-84.

the TI-89 rules! It will do everything you need to do in pre-calc for you and most of what you do in calc. Its a little more expensive, but its worth it.

also, check with your teacher first. my pre-calc teacher wouldn't let us use the 89.

Well I think I'm gonna play it on the safe-side and go with the TI-84. Don't have any way to contact my teacher (don't know his phone number). It also won't break my bank, since I'm saving up for PC parts as well xD (ording the Antec 900 at the same time as the calculator tho, since they're both free shipping on Newegg).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom