First time builder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mashiba

Solid State Member
So I'm looking to buy a high end gaming computer ( not extremely high end like running crysis at max when it comes out, but at least run it where I can enjoy ). I've browsed a bit and put this together.

Hard drive - I already have a 150gig, that's enough.

Case - Newegg.com - APEVIA X-Dreamer II ATXB4KLW-BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 420W Power Supply - Retail
I noticed people taking about the antec and whatnot but 120$ seems expensive for a case, is it really worth $60 more?

Video Card - Newegg.com - EVGA 320-P2-N811-AR GeForce 8800GTS 320MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail
Does this card allow to project the PC on the TV? By SD video I think or whatever.

RAM - Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Processor - Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail
Again I'm not sure if it's worth $70 more.

Motherboard -
Customer Reviews Of GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

I already have a 17' LCD monitor and a dvd writer, I may get new ones at a later date but it's not really a big priority for me.

So does this all go together nicely, I wouldn't mind paying 80-100$ more if I'd really see a big increase and performance. Also I keep hearing about overclocking a lot and have absolutely no idea how it works and how to do it. I'd really appreciate info :D.

Good choice for most of the stuff.

For psu most will say coresiar 520, but I like seasonics more.

Crysis wants E6600 or E6700 and a GTS for ULTRA High. So go with the quad b/c Crysis will take advantage of it. What monitor are you going to play on>?

Does the case I posted come with a power supply and is it worth it or should I buy an antec case and a good psu for 200ish dollar?

get a case you like and then a good powers upply
the Xcilio goodpower is about 55 bucks and is really good for the price

Does the case I posted come with a power supply and is it worth it or should I buy an antec case and a good psu for 200ish dollar?

Id buy the case you want, and get a seasonic b/c I dont buy cheapy power supplies.

Just get a case you think looks nice that is around your budget. Then buy a separate PSU. The PSU's that come with the case is usually pretty crappy and dies within days/weeks.

Would the difference between a Xcilio goodpower and a seasonic be really noticeable to warrant at least double the price? And do you guys know if the video card can output to a TV? Thanks btw you guys have been a great help.

welcometotf3dj1.jpg

The video card can output to TV, if your TV has either a VGA or S-video input port.

Both XClio and SeaSonic power supplies, are very good. It's just a matter of budget.

Warranty shouldn't be a matter well in many cases, it shouldn't at all. Xclio GreatPower 500W is a pretty good PSU, or if you want to invest some more money into your PSU then you can get the Corsair 520HX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom