Overclocking a Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftEyeBlind

In Runtime
Howdy.

I was wondering how high I could overclock an AMD Brisbane (1.9Ghz) with the stock cooler, I dont want to do any pushing to the limits, just a little higher than it is now.

I think the 2.5-2.7GHz is possible. What motherboard, are you overclocking with?

should do 2.5 pretty easy. if you got a good one, you wont have to up the voltage at all, and you may reach close to 3ghz. depends on your other components as well, though.

Depends on his components, and cooling. I'm suggesting you to get the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro aftermarket cooler to cool your CPU while you're overclocking it. You always want a decent airflow so that your CPU will be at a stable temperature. Stable temperatures should be about 28~40C idle and 39~50C load.

i'm wanting to get the same processor but use it on a Biostar Tforce 550, will it still overclock as much as the TF7025? and also, should i get the same Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro cooling system?

If you're overclocking, it's recommended to get an aftermarket cooler. And that AF64 Pro, is just the one to do the job. Those two motherboards, should have the same overclocking abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom