Toshiba shutdown problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hells Angel

Solid State Member
For some reason, about 5 minutes in after the laptop boots, the computer turns off and restarts. The fans are running, and I don't have enough time to check the temperatures. It seems to me that it might be heat problems and it just shutting off. I would assume it could also be a virus, but when I try to run the Full System Restore disc it shuts off on me in the beginning of the boot. Any feedback will be heavily appreciated. Really need to get this fixed.

Is it a tecra? I have to deal with a number of toshiba laptops at work and i know we have issues with the power settings resetting themself. But spontaneous reboots makes me think there is a hardware issue. Are you getting any blue screens at all? You might try running memtest86 on it. Also have you installed anything new close to the time it started having problems.

No, I have not. I called Toshiba and they said they'll take a look at it. It is obviously a hardware problem. I'm almost sure its a setting that when it reaches a certain temperature it reboots. It really should not be doing this though, so I'll just have them take a look at it and tell me from there.

Probably heat related. I'm assuming you've got a P4 Mobile proc? Those Toshibas are fairly well known to have heat and fan issues after a couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom