Power Connector?

Status
Not open for further replies.
explain that, I know what a 4 pin molex is and a 3 pin but how in gods name do I connect the 2 together.

Also.

I was reading in my mobo manual that theres an onboard light that should light up and light in a specific way if theres a problem, it says if theres no lights at all than the board is getting no power.

aaa.jpg

I'm really thinking it can just be your PSU.

If you can get your psu fans to briefly spin, then nothing else happens...you may want to try unplugging the power cord from the psu. Then, with the power cord unplugged, push and hold down the power button on the front of your pc for about 20 seconds. This will clear any power off of the motherboard. Then plug the power cord back into the psu. Then try powering it on again. You could have a charge on your board that needs to be released. This often works on laptops. Just a thought, if you have hooked everything up correctly.

wait, first, did you ever jumpstart the psu to see if it works? also have you tried it without the 24pin adapter? just a little info on it:

20pins: was industry standard

24pins: new industry standard

extra 4 pins: power for high power consumption expansion cards

soo....

try not using the adapter and turn it on with your video card out.

also, jumping is not dangerous, all you are doing is making continuity between two points that triggers a switch inside the psu to turn itself on. your just messing with grounds
but still, check the psu in your old build, and also try to jump it

EDIT: and last thing, if the psu works, but not with the new motherboard, check your cmos jumper.

The PSU did come with the case, I believe. I know the ones that come with cases aren't the best, but it worked with what I had... I was planning on upgrading it and grab some new memory to complete my new build when I got the money :)

What is the Cmos jumper? It tells how to do it in my manual, but it doesn't explain what it does or what it is :freak:

I've been trying it without the video card, its just the cpu and ram with the single power cord hooked up to the wall, i'll try the suggestions and report back though.

Got some news, I finally sat myself down and did the paperclip trick to the psu, No fans were hooked up to it exept the fans inside the psu itself, they didnt turn and I didnt hear any sound.

I'm hoping I did the test right, Power supplies are easy to replace and I need a new one, But why would it suddeny die like that? What could have caused it, testing it with the new stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom