New Build...

Status
Not open for further replies.
W = A X V (go figure)
Now why does amperage matter?
Wattage can be affected by voltage or amperage change. In PSUs, the voltage shouldn't change, but the amps can. Get me here? We can only get 3.3V, 5V, 12V, etc. So since amps can change, we want more amps on the 12V and some on the 5V, not on the 3.3V. Some companies put a whole mess on the 3.3V and the 5V, leaving a weak 12V rail, and advertise their PSU as high wattage. So you don't get a slice of PIE, it's all mines!!

P=IxE would be the same as W=AxV.

What do each of the different voltages power?

OMG, I love Rodney Reynolds. Do you subscribe to him? No, I just made it up this morning when I just woke up. Now that you mention it, it is similar but I didn't jack him. And too bad his reviews arn't 100% Kickass anymore, just Kickass.

ya i subscribe to him... its how i get background info on stuff besides learning about it here...

peter change the kick "butt" alterrnative thing to kickbutt, so u don't get a language infraction

u know what. i hate u guys. lol. and ps i updated the wish list and ordered it this morning.
I live in alabama, and everything is shipping from tennessesseeseeseee (i hate that word). O, except the case, which ships from california, and the cpu, which ships from new jersey. so im gonna get everything except the two most important parts, which might be here by friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom