Multiple program installs at once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen16

Solid State Member
Hello. For about a year now i have been trying to create a single windows Xp install disk with all service packs and all the programs and settings I want. In one quick install. Instead of switching disk after disk after disk installing what i need. I have come to the conclusion that it is impossible because nobody seems to know and\or want to help me. So now I am going to the next best thing. I was wondering if there is a way to make a custom install shield app. that installs the programs I want in one straight shot.

Thanks for the help in advance.

EXTRA: I also would like to save my Firefox form so I don't have install all the extensions and settings and bookmarks from scratch.

Okay to get XP with all your updates. Get AutoPatcher. From there unzip it ot a folder. Google for nlite and use that to create your own custom install XP disc with all the current updates.

The other part where you want all your apps. Will never happen. Cause of the fact that all the installs run differently and you can not run them upon a XP install. They need XP to be isntalled first. So your only option there is to isntall Acronis or Norton Ghost. From there you can just make a Image of your drive and have everything the way you want it everytime. Only problem with that is when new updates are released you will have to download them all the time you use this image.

As for you firfox issue. Simple solution. Open My Computer. Click on Tools>Folder Options>View>Show hidden files and folders. Now go into Doc&Settings>USerName>App Data>Mozilla>Firefox ( I think that is the correct path. It should bevery similar to this) Save that folder to a External drive or whatever you wish. After you do a install just copy this folder back everytime to the same location you found it. All settings, extensions, bookmarks should all be there jsut like they were. I do this all the time with my Opera settings.

I hope i helped shine some light on the issues you are looking at.

Hello. For about a year now i have been trying to create a single windows Xp install disk with all service packs and all the programs and settings I want. In one quick install. Instead of switching disk after disk after disk installing what i need. I have come to the conclusion that it is impossible because nobody seems to know and\or want to help me. So now I am going to the next best thing. I was wondering if there is a way to make a custom install shield app. that installs the programs I want in one straight shot.

Thanks for the help in advance.

EXTRA: I also would like to save my Firefox form so I don't have install all the extensions and settings and bookmarks from scratch.

This is what you need

Unattended Installation Software for WindowsXP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom