Water Cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arrowswake

Beta member
I'm putting together a computer, where money isn't extremely tight. I'm thinking of going water cooling, but the three computers I've already built for friends and such have all been cooled by the regular fan solution.

How would I go about getting water cooling, what would I need to buy (A list, please), and how much would it cost, approximately?

Also, I have a window and I'm using two UV lights in the case, so keep in mind I'm going for appearance as well as functionality.

well.. you need a radiator, a fan (depending on what size radiator u get), a resivor, a pump, tubing, waterblock. But they come in kits so.. i would check out www.frozencpu.com they have some good stuff there. You also have a choice of internal or external. Your choice. External keeps the PC cooler i think cause there is nothing inside except tubes and a waterblock. But a good external kit is a AquariusIII and a good internal kit is some swiftec kits. So.. its really ur choice. For a good system, it would prob cost u about 150-200 dollars.

I think I get the general idea of what I need for them, as I just read up on them... But I have an ATI All-In-Wonder 9800 Pro... Does anyone know of any water cooling solutions for the AIW 9800s?

Be aware, the Dangerden Maze 4, the GPU block of choice at the moment, is not compatible with the AIW cards.

EDIT, yes it is, you just need to cut one of the Nvidia mounts off, shown here

"But a good external kit is a AquariusIII" -Monster00-

I beg to differ, its ok at best. If you want a good watercooling for the cpu and gpu go with dangerden (www.dangerden.com). The card will be hard to watercool, but as posted above mine it can be done. For the cpu get the dangerden RBX. For a pump get a Hydor L35, radiator get the double heatercore from the dangerden website plus a fanshroud (it will fit two 120mm fans). Also, the reservoir doesnt matter much. Make sure your tubing is 1/2" OD and not 3/8" OD.

Its actually really simple. I will explain. You start off with a 12v dc pump anyone will do the difference between them is how many gpm (gallons per minute) they produce. THe more gpm theoretically might give better cooling. Then next is either the tank(reservoir) or in swiftechs case they are the only ones that use the fill/bleed valve system that doesn require a tank. Next is the radiator. Differnent companies have different ones bigger and smaller just like a car radiator. These are equiped with fans that should be set as exhaust on the radiator. Swiftech kits offer the choice of adding a second radiator for -5C degree difference or you get the heavy duty radiator with 2 120mm fans. Next is the water blocks. they are made for the cpu, vga, and chipset, also water cooling devices are made for hard drives. The point is to have the water go through in a circle. from the cpu to radiator to the valves to the chipset to the vga to the cpu to the radiator.....This on going cycle gets cooled down by the radiator. While differneces at idle may not be noticed between the swiftech kit and fans you will definetly notice how much cooler it is when you cpu usage is high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom