another question please

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps3147

Baseband Member
I am sorry for bringing this up again but im still having trouble connecting pc case wires to my motherboard. Ive managed to connect the RESET SW and HDD LED but i still dont know were to connect the other 3 POWER SW and POWER LED+ and POWER LED-. please could someone download the manual for the GIGABYTE GA-M55S-S3 rev.2.0 off the GIGABYTE website and tell me were to place the other wires. PS im sorry for bringing this up again because my friend keeps saying you will damage the computer by putting in the wires incorrect especially the power sw and i am clueless.

Are the POWER LED+ and POWER LED- single leads? Do you have the motherboard manual in front of you? Gigabyte doesn't have the manual, their links are screwed up.

yes the POWER LED+ and POWER LED- are signle leads . and im sorry i dont have the manual i lost it thats why i was asking if somebody could download it off the GIGABYTE website as i cant because i gave my other pc away and only have the one im currently working on.

You know where the front panel connections is on the mobo, correct? Can you list all the labels on the board near the pins: PWR_SW, RESET, PWR_LED, HDD_LED, etc.

Is this how the front panel area looks:

[*][*][*][*][_][_][*][*][*][*]

[*][*][*][*][*][_][_][_][_][_]

yes on the f panel there 4 orange pins that say speak then 1 purple one says nc then 2 green pins have -RES+ labelled underneath. then on top of the green pins there 2 red pins labelled +PW- then finally there 2 blue pins labelled +HD-and 2 yellow ones saying +MSG-.I would be very grateful if you could download the manual and tell me as i downloaded it yesterday at my friends but he never had a printer but if you cant its not a problem .

i can take a picture but i dont this i can upload or attach it as im using my ps3 browser but my panel is how you described it .

No worries:
Here you go:
fpanelyu4.jpg

powerme6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom