Building new comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're planning to overclock, you should get the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro as an HSF - HeatSink Fan. It's a really good cooler plus! it has the MX-1 thermal paste pad which is the best out of all the thermal pastes out there! First of all, you'll have to change some settings and enable overclocking. I'm not so good with AMD Processors so maybe someone might know more. :happy:

The ultra-120 extreme is better than all of those, but is about 80 bucks with a good fan and some AS5. Speaking of which, fed-ex is ****ing me off, i swear the delivery guy is going out of his way to not deliver my package when im home.

Lol were talking about coolants here right... Why would you pay so much money for some high grade paste if it hardly makes a difference in performance

All thermal paste is about the same price and performance. There might be a dollar or 2 difference between most of the top brands. The 80 dollars i was referring to includes the heatsink, fan, grease and shipping.

If I just used a Mobo and no sound card would I still get all the different recording options I.E. What U Hear and what not because I only have a sound chip in my dell so people cant hear my mic well in Ventrilo and Teamspeak. How does a better processor affect performance because a 6000+ Windsor isnt too expensive so I could overclock that but I dont know if that would be worth it. Also B1gapl, you recommended me AMD the first time I came here. From what I hear Intel out performs, not that im doubting you but why did you recommend AMD.
Thanks everyone for helping,
Sean

Without a sound card, you use the integrated audio on the motherboard. Nowadays, the integrated audio is decent for gaming, music, etc. As for your Ventrilo, if you friend can't hear you, higher your outbound and tell your friends to higher their inbound.

Bump^
How does a better processor affect performance because a 6000+ Windsor isnt too expensive so I could overclock that but I dont know if that would be worth it. Also B1gapl, you recommended me AMD the first time I came here. From what I hear Intel out performs, not that im doubting you but why did you recommend AMD.
Thanks everyone for helping,
Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom